Ski & Snowboard Clubs
Chatham Race Club
- Levels 4+
- Wednesday Evening training session. 6.30pm till 8.00pm Advanced Racers & Full Members
- Tuesday Evening training session. 6pm till 7.30pm Novice Racers
Chatham Race Club is a team that competes in ski racing events at a local Regional level, and at all other levels, up to and including the National GBR Series. Our members span all age groups from the Under 10’s Mini categories right through to the Over 30’s Masters category.
We are an open and friendly club, and we are always on the lookout for ambitious skiers to who want to be part of a winning team, and take part in our regular training sessions and participate in slalom races. The club has been established for many years, and has historically been one of the most successful on the various race circuits.
Freestyle runs every Thursday at Chatham and is suitable for all levels of rider, from those wanting to try their first jump all the way to those perfecting their next big trick. We have a wide variety of features starting from small wedge jumps and beginner boxes, all the way up to our main 5ft high kicker and 40ft rollercoaster rail. So you will definitely find something to suit your needs and ability.
The evening is divided into 2 main sessions:
Trix 7-8pm: Adults £16 Juniors £12
This is our coached session aimed at those giving freestyle a go for the first time or those more experienced riders looking for tips on how to reach the next level in their riding. It is a relaxed session with our coaches on hand to offer any advice or tips on how best to progress.
NB – Not currently running Trix. Starting again in Autumn 2020
Ramps & Rails 7-9pm: Adults £19 Juniors £16 – Runs Fortnightly
This is the main open session where we try to get out some more of our challenging features to allow people to start pushing themselves. It is suitable for all abilities, even the beginners since our coaches will still be around to offer advice and the setup will be matched to the abilities of the customers riding.
Since our setups are decided on the night, we can take requests for what you want out each week.
- You must be able to do controlled link turns and be comfortable riding in a straight line down the slope at a reasonable speed (Both skiing and snowboarding)
- Skiers – 4 years+
- Snowboarders – 9 years+ (exceptions can be made based on the ability of the rider)
- Rental skis and snowboards can be used on the beginner features (green jumps and plastic boxes), but your own skis or snowboard are required to use any of the more advanced features.
- Snowsports standard helmet must be worn at all times.